Hatchlings is Hiring!
What to Expect
Hatchlings is a social gaming company located in downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Our office is pretty unique: we’re located in a co-working space filled with a great cast of other entrepreneurs and startups. It lets us offer many of the advantages of being part of a big company while retaining the unique startup culture that makes us unique.
Here at Hatchlings, we promise you a fun and challenging environment. Things move pretty fast in the startup world, and in order to succeed, we need self-starters on our team. All members of our core team are intimately involved in the creation of our games. As part of a small company you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of roles and responsibilities and you can expect to contribute ideas that shape the company’s path.
[+] Community and Social Media Manager
Hatchlings is a company that makes social games for Facebook, iOS, and Android. We have a community of millions of players from around the globe and we’re looking for a team member to orchestrate our day to day interactions with them.
This is a full-time, in-person position; you must be willing to commute to our downtown Des Moines office daily.
Specific job responsibilities include
- Creating posts and promotions for our social media pages and email campaigns
- Providing direct support to customers via email and social media channels
- Interacting with fans in-game and on Facebook
- Writing copy for our games and their supporting marketing materials
- Organizing and maintaining our social media and marketing schedules
- Prioritizing and relaying bugs and user feedback to the rest of the team
- Basic project management
The ideal candidate
- Loves playing games, especially with others online
- Is a people person with tons of patience
- Is a strong, creative writer with a penchant for writing fun copy
- Is detail-oriented and can focus when necessary
- Is self-motivated and self-directed
- Is quick to solve problems, and has a very go-getter attitude
- Loves learning to do new things (and is willing to go outside their comfort zone)
- Has empathy, patience and a sense of humor
- A basic knowledge of computers and the Internet
- Experience with Facebook (preferably on the content-creation side)
- A willingness to learn
Don't see a job listing that fits you?
We still want to hear from you! Fill out this simple application and tell us why you want to work at Hatchlings.